Peer Tutoring in the Arcata High School Library
SSR used as Peer Tutoring Time
- Three Sessions a week: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during SSR (students will miss three SSR periods a week).
- Program maximum is 30 students.
Students must apply to be a TUTOR or TUTEE
- Ideal tutors will be students with a solid academic background and have a recommendation from the teacher (see application form).
- Ideal tutees will be students who are struggling with a subject and will also required a teacher recommendation. This should not be a “detention” like setting, but one of additional academic support.
- Tutors and Tutees will be matched in a “one-on-one” study situation.
- Tutees may be asked to complete Grade Progress Reports
- Students will be required to apply for all tutoring
- Multiple subjects may be tutored
- Attendance will monitored – students with poor attendance will be dropped from the program
- Peer tutorial tutors may contact teachers regarding assignments if they feel they need further clarification
- Peer Tutors will report on students progress and track their own volunteer hours
- All tutoring will be supervised
Students and parents will need to sign a contract regarding expectations such as being prepared, following the rules, and having good attendance.